Demolition of the Old Parish Center - December 2017
History of the Old Parish Center
In the Spring of 1940, there was a need for better living quarters for the Sisters. Edwin Berendes, an architect from Evansville was hired and plans were prepared with construction beginning soon after. The Sisters moved into the convent on September 1, 1940.
By the 1960's and 1970's, the shortage of teaching sisters was beginning to be felt at Sts. Peter & Paul School. By the 1990's, the school was completely staffed with laity and the Sisters were no longer living in the convent. The convent was then used for meeting rooms, parish offices, religious education classrooms, youth activities, dressing area for weddings, scout meetings, and storage.
Demolition of the building was completed in December of 2017.