Father Christopher Droste began his life in Christ down the road at St. James Parish as a fifth generation member of that community. After graduating from St. James School, he moved on to Mater Dei High School where he spent his formative years wrestling; not on the mat, but with his own heart. These were the early and hidden signs of a religious vocation that would slowly take form and begin to become more visible later in life. Not knowing yet what kind of life could fuel his fire and quench his thirst for life, he embarked on a winding road for several years that eventually led him to pursue the craft of songwriting in Austin, TX. In the process of searching to communicate something real--something with authenticity, beauty, and meaning that would move people, a number of providential encounters and events impacted him deeply and reawakened his religious sensitivity, eventually moving him to consider devoting his life completely to God. After a brief time of discernment in Texas, the greater need for priests in the Diocese of Evansville called Fr. Christopher back to southwest Indiana. Fr. Christopher then attended and graduated from Simon Brute Seminary and St. Meinrad Seminary. He was ordained to the priesthood on June 8, 2013 and was assigned as associate pastor of Christ the King and Holy Spirit Parishes in Evansville which became Annunciation Parish a year later. Fr. Christopher was then sent to become pastor of Sacred Heart, Schnellville, and St. Anthony, St. Anthony Parishes and merged them into what is now Divine Mercy Parish in 2016. Fr. Christopher was appointed the Diocesan Director of Ongoing Formation for Priests in the spring of 2019 and later that summer, appointed pastor of Holy Cross, St. James, and Sts. Peter & Paul Parishes. It’s an exceptional occurrence for any priest to receive the opportunity to continue his journey with Christ in the same place on earth he began as a child.
Reverend Anthony "Tony" Ernst
Father Tony Ernst began his religious life journey at Sts. Peter and Paul as a seminarian where he spent some of his earlier years working with his mentor, Father Francis Schroering. After ordination, he was assigned as the associate pastor at Sts. Peter and Paul in 1998 and after some time away returned as co-adjutor pastor of Sts. Peter & Paul, Haubstadt, November 2002. Father Tony Ernst was pastor to Sts. Peter and Paul, Holy Cross, and St. Bernard from 2003 to 2015. He was appointed pastor to Sts. Peter and Paul, Holy Cross, and St. James in July 2015. He was appointed Dean of the West Deanery, June 2016. Father Tony was instrumental in the discerning and the planning of the addition of classrooms and Family Life Center, the renovation of the remaining old school and parish offices completed in 2012, as well as the addition of a new parish center completed in 2018. Father Tony is known for his meaningful homilies, his kind heart, and his love for his parishioners and his parishes.
Reverend Francis Schroering
Fr. Schroering was appointed pastor of Sts. Peter and Paul from 1991-2003. Father Schroering worked closely with parishioners to educate them and to develop the lay leadership in the parish. Father Schroering was always willing to help others. Father Schroering was the Dean of the Princeton Deanery from 1996-2003. Due to illness, Father Schroering retired in June 2003 and became Pastor Emeritus. Father Schroering remained at Sts. Peter and Paul and was cared for round the clock by parishioners until his death on June 1, 2005. Father Schroering is buried in the Sts. Peter and Paul Cemetery.
Reverend Lowell C. Will
Father Will was appointed pastor of Sts. Peter and Paul from 1987-1991.
Reverend Robert A. Deig
Father Deig was appointed pastor of Sts. Peter and Paul from 1981-1987.
Reverend Monsignor Clarence J. Lindauer
Monsignor Lindauer was sent to Sts. Peter and Paul in January 1940 to assist Father Forve temporarily during a time of illness for Father Forve. In March 1940, he was appointed Administrator due to the failing health of Father Forve. Monsignor Lindauer's first concern was the care of Father Forve. His first big task was to provide better living quarters for the Sisters. The convent was ready to occupy in September 1940. In 1941, a severe storm partially wrecked the church completely destroying the tower and damaging the rest of the building. The school hall was temporarily converted to the church. In September 1949, Monsignor Lindauer was appointed pastor of Sts. Peter and Paul. The construction of the new church was complete in December 1950. With the growth of the parish additional school facilities were required. The first unit of the present school was erected in 1952-1953 and the second unit was built in 1962-63. The rectory was replaced in 1959. Monsignor Lindauer was appointed Domestic Prelate with the title "Monsignor" in September of 1967. Monsignor Lindauer retired in August 1981 and is buried in the Sts. Peter and Paul Cemetery.
Reverend Nicholas Forve
Fr. Nicholas Forve was appointed pastor in September 1917 and served at Sts. Peter and Paul until September 1948. His service as pastor was marked by spiritual and material growth for the parish. A new organ was obtained; new pews replaced the old ones. A clock was placed in the tower of the church. Beautiful art windows were installed. The rectory received needed attention with important improvements. The cemetery was enlarged, improved, and beautified. Father Forve became Pastor Emeritus in 1940. He continued his deep interest in the parish until his time of death. Father Forve was known widely for his singing and his instructive sermons, he was indeed an inspiration to all who came into contact with him. Fr. Forve is buried in Sts. Peter and Paul Cemetery.
Reverend Michael P. Seter
Father Michael Seter was appointed pastor in January 1910 and served at Sts. Peter and Paul until August 1917. Sts. Peter and Paul prospered spiritually and materially during his pastorate. In the summer of 1910, Fr. Seter enlarged the original church by adding a new sanctuary with new altars, and a new communion rail. The church was also redecorated. Father Seter was known for his oratorical deliveries, as well as his most active participation in civic affairs and sport activities.
Reverend Joseph Zoglmann
Fr. Joseph Zoglmann was appointed pastor in January 1909 and due to ill health resigned his pastorate in January 1910.
Reverend Bernard Ewers
Father Bernard Ewers was pastor of Sts. Peter and Paul from August 1882 to December 1908. During Fr. Ewers twenty-six years, he planned and built a school in 1904. The building consisted of two large class rooms on the first floor, a large hall upstairs, and living quarters for the sisters in the rear. Fr. Ewers is buried in Sts. Peter and Paul Cemetery.
Reverend George Widern
Father George Winderin was the first resident priest at Sts. Peter and Paul from July 1877 to August 1882. The first church and the first rectory were built during his time as pastor.
SEARCH OUR WEBSITE
Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church 211 North Vine Street Haubstadt, IN 47639 812-768-6457